What is a Credit Union?
A credit union is a not-for-profit cooperative financial institution owned and controlled by all people who use its services. Credit union members normally have a common bond, such as where they work, live, or worship. This is known as a field of membership.
The Infirmary Federal Credit Union was chartered in September 1974, to serve the employees of Mobile Infirmary. As the Infirmary has grown, so has the Credit Union's field of membership. Please see below for membership eligibility.
MembershipAt The Infirmary Federal Credit Union, you are not a customer, but a member of a unique financial institution. The Infirmary Federal Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned, financial cooperative that is commited to offering the BEST financial services available at the lowest cost.
To be eligible for membership in The Infirmary Federal Credit Union you must be in the field of membership of the Credit Union. The field of membership is limited to those having the following common bond:
- Employees, physicians and their staff, and volunteers of Infirmary Health Inc., and all of its subsidiaries and affiliates who work in or are paid from Mobile, Alabama;
- Employees of Cogburn Health Center who work in Mobile, Alabama;
- Employees of Tom Cochran Insurance and Appraisal Company who work in Mobile, Alabama;
- Employees of Bedsole Medical Company, Inc., who work in Mobile, Alabama;
- Spouses of persons who died while within the field of membership of this Credit Union; employees of this Credit Union; persons retired as pensioners or annuitants from the above employment; members of the immediate family; and organizations of such persons.
Important Information about Procedures for Opening a New Account:
U.S. Patriot Act Policy
Board of Directors
The Credit Union is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors elected by the membership. Currently our Board consists of the following people:
- President - Larry Stapleton
- Vice President - Les Robinson
- Treasurer - Lynne Hardy
- Secretary - Catherine Bryars
- Director - Jim Mitchell
- Director - Sabrina Blackwelder
- Director - Jimmy Taylor
The Supervisory Committee is appointed by the Board of Directors and serves as an audit committee. Currently the following people are serving on this committee:
- Chairman - Jimmy Taylor
- JR Smith
- Melissa Moody
Chief Executive Officer- Keith McKinley
Chief Operating Officer- Taylor Nelson
Vice-President of Lending - Paula Rhodes
Team Leader of Operations - Amanda Givens
Processing Technician - Jeannie Horton
Loan Officer/Clerk - Becky Harris
Head Teller - Springhill Ave. Branch - Leigh McNider
Teller- Toni Boykin
Teller - Kelli Gatlin
Teller - Wendy Hicks
Teller - Brittney Powe
Teller - Lana Weaver
Teller - Kinadia Williams